Saturday, August 22, 2026

I AM HAVING FUN, REALLY!

I started this warp just before  I went into the hospital in 2024....not much has happened since .It takes a lot of patience and thought while sitting hunched over the loom trying to feed those threads ONE AT A TIME  into all of the appropriate slots and eyes.!  I do not enjoy doing all of this on the best of days but I do love to weave and there is only one way to get there!
I have all of the warp threads separated and spaced out and wound on the back beam.
I have the front ends under tension so they will not do their own thing--I am trying to stay in control of all 264 threads!  I have dressed the loom front to back and back to front and found they are both equally miserable so I do it this way just because it is the way I have the most light.
Here are 36 threads that have been fed through the appropriate eyes of the heddles so they will make the pattern I have chosen (1-2-3-4-1-2-3-2-1-4-3-2) for each of the 12 threads to the inch for this kitchen towel.  I took me almost an hour to do this much because, of course, I made a mistake but with this method, I only have to check, recheck and check again the twelve threads until I move on to the next twelve! At this rate, I only have 6 more hours of threading until I get to weave!!!!  It reminds me of the little boy who told me at a spinning demonstration, 
"Hey, lady. Walmart sells yarn, you know!"
I am determined to embrace the process!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

I AM HAVING FUN, REALLY!

I started this warp just before  I went into the hospital in 2024....not much has happened since .It takes a lot of patience and thought whi...