Wednesday, August 26, 2026

BRINGING IT HOME

My sewing machine is back in its proper spot!  I sent this to my local repair guy on May 29th and he identified the problem and ordered the part--that's where he ran into problems;  the part was on back order and it would be a long wait for it!  But paying under $300 to get it fixed was a lot better than $3000 for another machine (this one cost a lot more than that brand new but I bought it used!)  It was ready on Aug 1 but I was in NY!  It was wonderful to pick it up and set it up but by the time Mary and I got through all of our errands I was too tired to do any stitching but I will make up for this morning!
I bought two backings so I can get some quilts loaded on the frame and even bought some outdoor fabric to cover cushions for the front porch benches--more on them when I get it all situated!  Soon I will be able to sit outside again 
without being in risk of heat stroke!

(and I had a spot of cancer removed again from my calf-I am hoping this time they got it all because just a few days ago, the scab just fell off from when I had the procedure done in June!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BRINGING IT HOME

My sewing machine is back in its proper spot!  I sent this to my local repair guy on May 29th and he identified the problem and ordered the ...