Tuesday, August 25, 2026

CORNERED?!

Progress is  happening at the loom 
and I have now passed the halfway mark for the threading.
 even if I am not yet having a lot of joy in the doing!
I did lose at the race with the yarn BUT I did have a back-up plan--I have two more Bonus Bundles of a different colorway but I did notice the dyes for the beiges in this skein was totally doable to finish  my corner!  This skein began with a lighter beige and then changed to this darker one so I wound the middle of the skein into a big ball so I could continue my corner to change to lighter at the very end.  And there will be plenty left to make another blanket even a bit bigger, if I chose!
 Lena loves to curl up on the other end of the blanket so I have to turn my corner back and forth as I knit so we each get our share!  She matches the new blanket perfectly!
I'm off now for my busy day-here's hoping all goes well.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a large loom! Lena looks wonderful curled up on the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a peaceful scene with Lena curled up on the blanket! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to get through the "not favorite" parts to get to the ones we really like.

    I like how Lena is telling you that the blanket is very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena DOES match the new blanket!! Cheering you on with the loom project!! Wow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh....the threading. I admit I don't mind it but I do just little bits of it a day. What I hate is the tying on. I can never get it evenly tight and have to do it over several times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I'm relieved that even though you lost at yarn chicken you have a solution. And Lena looks as though she approves too. Very important.
    I don't understand weaving at all but it looks so interesting to me. And when Debbie starts talking heddles and such it's a mystery. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lena looks like she has the situation under control!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE

Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together;  the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...