Wednesday, August 19, 2026

HELLO TO MY HOME

I enjoyed some weeding and plant watering out front and then was forced inside because of the hot temperatures out there!!!  I made three more DNP blocks and looking at this pic, I only see one that is pointed the wrong way!  I was disappointed with the last two quilts I made because of shrinkage reducing the width to only 60" when I prefer the quilts to be quite a bit wider.  I added another vertical row and made the borders wider so that I will have a 65-66" quilt width this time after washing/drying, I hope!  None of these blocks are sewn together but I played with organizing them and now I can begin making it into a top!

We also had a very powerful T-Storm after dinner last night--not only a LOT of lightening and a bunch of thunder and wind but we also had rain!  Four inches of rain!  Wonderful rain!

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful project. I've had to add vertical rows a few times too when a flimsy was just too narrow. Good to hear you've gotten some rain. We've had some much needed rain over the past few days, but just over an inch. We sure need a lot more to ease the drought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even one day of rest after all the traveling? Lol...We seem to be in a tropical weather pattern here. Hot as heck and thunderstorms every night. Nothing is cooling us down much though...booo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been so much thunder here at night, but without rain. Maybe there have been deluges in other parts of the county, but not here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt. We're almost to Souix Falls, SD and it's raining on us as we drive. Very humid and warm too. Hard to believe that it will October before we come back this way.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely quilt! It is much too hot to do yard work!! Take care!! Have a happy rest of the week/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! Gosh! 4" of rain is an awful lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you send some of that rain our way - we got some at the start of August but I still need more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SLOWLY IT GROWS

 A few distractions have occurred;  I broke the needle and just as I overcame that irritation, I woke up with another blinding migraine.  Th...