Wednesday, August 26, 2026

BRINGING IT HOME

My sewing machine is back in its proper spot!  I sent this to my local repair guy on May 29th and he identified the problem and ordered the part--that's where he ran into problems;  the part was on back order and it would be a long wait for it!  But paying under $300 to get it fixed was a lot better than $3000 for another machine (this one cost a lot more than that brand new but I bought it used!)  It was ready on Aug 1 but I was in NY!  It was wonderful to pick it up and set it up but by the time Mary and I got through all of our errands I was too tired to do any stitching but I will make up for this morning!
I bought two backings so I can get some quilts loaded on the frame and even bought some outdoor fabric to cover cushions for the front porch benches--more on them when I get it all situated!  Soon I will be able to sit outside again 
without being in risk of heat stroke!

(and I had a spot of cancer removed again from my calf-I am hoping this time they got it all because just a few days ago, the scab just fell off from when I had the procedure done in June!)
 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you have your machine back! Hope your leg is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel good to have your "baby" back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I have a "back up" machine, it's hard to have our main machines out or repair or cleaning. Have fun with it today. And yes - let's hope the cancer is all gone this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that you're happy to have your machine back. We love our sewing machines and don't want to be without them. The flowery fabric is beautiful.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for having your sewing machine back! I have an inexpensive Singer that I am just getting used to using. I do have an idea of something to make for Christmas gifts. I need to decide to actually do it and get busy!! More about it later, perhaps!! Wish you were here to get me started!! You have been my motivation!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE DIVERSION

I bought a mug press to go with my Cricut a month ago  and finally got around to figuring it out yesterday!   I made these mugs for my young...