I usually have a pair of socks going but this new pattern called for 1mm needles and I got this far and admitted that I just didn't enjoy knitting it on this needle! I am a tight knitter, so it was a fight to get every stitch to advance for me.
It has languished unloved for almost a week.
I decided to pull out my usual needles which are 2.5mm needles and knit the same amount of stitches; there was a minimum difference, so I am going for it!
You wouldn't think it would matter that much to increase the needle size in such a small amount but it did!
I need my knitting to be comfortable and enjoyable!
I knit to relax and create; so the favorite needle it is.
Now, if I can only figure out this new way to make this toe-up sock, I'll be all set! To be continued!
I'm the same way - a tight knitter and 1mm needles are typically too small for me.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when the stitches are too tight! It totally ruins the experience!
ReplyDeleteNeedle/hook size makes a big difference. H hook is my favorite for crochet.
ReplyDeleteI'm right with you on the needle size. It does make a huge difference. If my stitches don't slide, I'm not going to be able to deal with it for long.
ReplyDeleteThe blue and the black are so striking.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine something that small (needles) would make a big difference. Yes, do what feels good or it's no fun at all!! Keep us posted, please!
ReplyDelete