Tuesday, September 22, 2009

U N D O I N G is Progress, too!

If I could, I would post a video of me going backwards and you would have a good idea of what I have been up to!

I ripped out the orange shawl!  I had only 4 rows to go until completion but it was bugging me.  I didn't like the variegated stripe in the middle rows.  I ripped it all out and put the variegation in the beginning stockinette area and now am knitting the lacey rows with the plain orange.  I am much happier with it!  I also changed my needle size-went up from a 7 to a 10 1/2.  It is a much more open knit now and better for a shawl.  Bill thought I was crazy but I knew I wasn't pleased with the feel ( and look ) of the project so it just had to go.  The pattern is very interesting knitting so I didn't mind doing it again! 


Play out a similar scenario for my weaving!  I thought I could make some changes to the threading of the shawl on the loom but as soon as I began to weave, my beginnerness sure made its presence known!!!!  I had to unthread the whole thing and am slogging through the rethreading of 262 ends!  I think I will begin the actual weaving this afternoon!

8 comments:

  1. Love your stick-to-it-ness. Sometimes we just have to be a frog and rip it rip it!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed not only at your willingness to undo but then to redo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are made of something that I am not! :D Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title. Want to make sure you know that undoing and progress are not limited to beginners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Undoing is definitely progress!!! If you never have to undo anything (or just trash something) then you're either not taking creative chances or you're not being true to your creative vision.

    It's too bad that it's not as easy to undo weaving as it is to undo knitting!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh... I think you've help me to finally rip out a sock in a gorgeous yarn, that looks yukky as socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To undo or not to undo? That is always the question!

    The Bard was obviously not a knitter!!

    Good on you for having the courage and fortitude to go with your instincts - I'm with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...