If I could, I would post a video of me going backwards and you would have a good idea of what I have been up to!
I ripped out the orange shawl! I had only 4 rows to go until completion but it was bugging me. I didn't like the variegated stripe in the middle rows. I ripped it all out and put the variegation in the beginning stockinette area and now am knitting the lacey rows with the plain orange. I am much happier with it! I also changed my needle size-went up from a 7 to a 10 1/2. It is a much more open knit now and better for a shawl. Bill thought I was crazy but I knew I wasn't pleased with the feel ( and look ) of the project so it just had to go. The pattern is very interesting knitting so I didn't mind doing it again!
Play out a similar scenario for my weaving! I thought I could make some changes to the threading of the shawl on the loom but as soon as I began to weave, my beginnerness sure made its presence known!!!! I had to unthread the whole thing and am slogging through the rethreading of 262 ends! I think I will begin the actual weaving this afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...


Love your stick-to-it-ness. Sometimes we just have to be a frog and rip it rip it!! Love Mom
ReplyDeleteI learned it from you, Mom!
ReplyDeleteI'm always amazed not only at your willingness to undo but then to redo!
ReplyDeleteYou are made of something that I am not! :D Good for you though!
ReplyDeleteI love your title. Want to make sure you know that undoing and progress are not limited to beginners!
ReplyDeleteUndoing is definitely progress!!! If you never have to undo anything (or just trash something) then you're either not taking creative chances or you're not being true to your creative vision.
ReplyDeleteIt's too bad that it's not as easy to undo weaving as it is to undo knitting!
Sue
Sigh... I think you've help me to finally rip out a sock in a gorgeous yarn, that looks yukky as socks.
ReplyDeleteTo undo or not to undo? That is always the question!
ReplyDeleteThe Bard was obviously not a knitter!!
Good on you for having the courage and fortitude to go with your instincts - I'm with you all the way!