I finished one sock out of the second skein of Finn wool which I have spun. This one will be for Marsel as her nights are getting cool and I want to send her a sock hug! I used an addition strand of spun nylon for the heel area-she is notorious for wearing out the bottom of her heels.........it is the bony way her feet are made. When I make an identical pair for myself , they last forever so it has to be her own particular unique feet and not the yarn itself that is the cause. (I will overdye the heels to make them blend in. )
A fun experiment for me!
Nyki helped me inspect the second sock when I took a pic for a Ravelry group for Wendy Johnson knitters. She is quite the assistant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...


I so want to learn to do toe up socks, I place a book on order in the library so hopefully I will be able to get myself to a point I can knit them. I love the pattern really pretty, I'm sure she will love them. I know I would, hehe..
ReplyDeleteMy feet are quivering in anticipation! (or maybe they're just shaking in the cold...) Either way, I'm excited about a new pair for the colder seasons!
ReplyDeleteSooo cute! Marsel is very fortunate :D
ReplyDeleteSooo cute! Marsel is very fortunate :D
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Do you really need to overdye the heel? Who's going to see it? Unless, of course, Marsel wears them with backless shoes.
ReplyDeleteThose will look so nice on Marsel, the color will suit her. Especially, with shorts!
ReplyDeletePretty socks!! Love the color!
ReplyDeleteSue