Monday, September 28, 2009

Throne Woes


No, this is not a new lawn ornament!!!  We have two bathrooms but one has been out of commision for a while.  We have out of town guests coming this week and it gave Bill the incentive he needed to replace the toilet.  Out with the old...........

....in with the new. 

We liked the new toilet so much, we bought another one for the main bathroom!  Both toilets were cracked and so the update is a much appreciated albeit needful renovation!  The quick installation of both was more involved than it needed to be due to cracked hardware from the previous owners.  We have yet to have a job go quicker than expected!  Horray for a husband who doesn't quit!

As it is for children, the box has been a source of delight for Nyki!  I build the boxes up in a stack and then toss the mousie-she runs straight up the pile and knocks it all down.  She feels pretty powerful!  My clean up the clutter traits are warring with the indulge the kitty traits...........I will give her a few days to play!

5 comments:

  1. Just wait until she's bored with it...if you take it out a minute sooner than she decides to be done with it, she'll sulk for days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for progress on the bath! :o) I'm looking forward to similar pictures--hopefully soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you move the lawn ornament before the guests arrive. ;) Yeah, when DOES a renovation project go as planned??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how nice a new toilet can make you feel? When we first installed our fancy Kohler toilet, my DH got such a thrill out of how well it flushed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! I always said cats and kittens are better entertainment than television.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...