Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pretty In Pink


Here are the matching sweaters I made for Marsel and Abigail!  They wore them to their mother/daughter luncheon .  (Interweave's Knits Magazine, Ruched Yoke Tee pattern, Spring 2011 issue.) 
I made a pair of plain socks from the left over Haruni shawl yarn-nothing like a plain pair of socks for knitting relaxation!
With the left over cotton sweater yarn, I have made a cute little summer sweater-
It will fit nicely over a sleeveless summer dress, don't you think? 
The pattern is going to be available at KnitPicks soon; it is a KayMeadors design.  (You can find her patterns on Ravelry , too, under the user name of NaturalStateKnit)  I used KnitPicks simply cotton, sport weight yarn on  7 needles in Dogwood heather.
I got to test knit it because of the pattern's name, Cindy Lou-which is my name, too!  One of the perks of the internet is to make friends of similar faith and interests-a wonderful perk in fact!
Nyki helps in the sewing room as I cut up some plastic bags for a new tote.
She always makes this face when I take her pic-I don't think she likes the camera staring at her!
(Off to do some alterations on the pile of shirts in the background!)

3 comments:

  1. Man, you don't waste anything do you! Left overs from other projects become useful and lovely items themselves. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our beautiful new sweaters...thank you sooo much!

    That new sweater pattern is great.

    And Nyki...she is so much prettier than she lets on in pictures. Silly cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsel and Abigail look pretty as a picture.

    That sweater is delightful. I don't usually like "shrugs" but that one is really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...