Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Day Trip

We took the day off to go to Daytona today!

Before the guys went to get an oil change for the Yaris (free for life!) , they dropped us off at JoAnn Fabrics to spend our gift cards and then some!  We bought some quilt backing fabric, bamboo fiber for weaving, a quilt ruler, batting, thread and some notions.............it was a delightful hour!  When the men picked us up, we went to Olive Garden for a late lunch.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Mom and I enjoyed a little sit in the sun while the guys finished their shopping at Sam's Club.
A trip to the ocean always restores our senses.  A little chilly in the ocean breeze but not too bad for a January visit!
Another foursome enjoying the scenery.
We had a request for a special message in the sand..........this is for you, Jim!
Simple sock knitting accompanied me today.  These will be a pair for Caleb.  I am hurrying to get them done for you, my son!
This is a view of the moon on our trip home........

We ended the day with a game of Wahoo; the men beat tonight.  (It was good they did because they were going to go fishing instead of playing another game if we whomped them again!)

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice play-day. You all have earned it!

    The sun looked delicious...we are bracing for another cold weekend here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Yaris? Toyota Yaris? I've got one of them... lol. Jealous of your sunshine, snowing here again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a picture of you! Are those hand-knitted socks you are wearing?

    I love JoAnns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely day and what a nice family picture, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lucky you to be able to sit in the sun. Fun to get out to shop for fabric and supplies. Love your photos of the ocean my favourite place to be. It is so cold here chills the bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely beach views - being summer here our photos have people actually in the water. In fact, there was a surf carnival here yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...