Monday, January 25, 2010

Painting and Piecing


Mom and I began our painting today!  We began in the biggest room so the rest will feel easier.   Well, that is the theory anyway. 

The hall is the same neutral color, Sherwin Willisms Reticence 6064 in satin.  This paint is a dream to work with; Mom is the cutter and I do the rolling.  We make a good team and managed a few laughs amid the muscle strains!

When we quit for the day, I did some unwinding at the sewing machine.  I have 42 big blocks done and only need 90 more.........

And I completely pieced the men's suiting samples.  Nyki's assistance was invaluable!  (I was holding her mousie above my head to get her attention because she generally looks away when I get the camera out-it must look threatening or something!)

A soak in a jacuzzi would feel good tonight but I will settle for a heating pad, recliner and some knitting!

5 comments:

  1. the cat looks great in that pic:)) you've been busy - you deserve a rest - but probably you'll have to do more painting now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint looks great!

    Maybe you should add a hot tub to your plans for the pool. :)

    Your painting job sure hasn't stopped you from whipping out fabric accomplishments! Looking good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea using the mens suit materials, ideal quilt for a man.

    Painting is always boring and painful, but worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the men's suit material quilt idea. The stacked subway tile pattern it great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to be the roller person when some one else does the cutting. (Well, I love it in small quantities....not necessarily for days in a row.)

    Your quilt looks great!! Love the cat on quilt pose!!

    Good luck with the paint!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...