Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Happy New Year!


Isn't it wonderful to be given a new start to each day and today we have a whole new year to look forward to!  It is also the last year in this decade so use it wisely!

I like to start the year by assessing where I am and make some course alterations for where I want to be.  Not resolutions mind you  because they never last long but real adjustments in the day to day.  I am not a very introspective person; I prefer action to words so hopefully you will see the changes that will be evidenced throughout the year.

Bill is putting some finishing touches on the A/C ducts so we can have the system inspected on Monday and then the sheetrock crew can begin work!  I am chomping at the bit! (This is one project that 2010 will see its end!)

I dug out piles of fabric and so updated my project to-do line-up.  This was on the list for last year that never happened.  But now it is ready for the sewing machine next week!  (These are piles of suit samples I got at an auction for a men's suit factory that went out of business 8 yrs ago!)

 Some of the samples I left their full size and the rest I cut up for 6" blocks.  It is fun to play around with placement of the subtle colors, pinstripes, plaids and plain blocks. 

I took part in a new YahooGroup  Mystery KAL (Knit A Long) that started this morning.........one clue a week to complete the shawl.  You will get updates accordingly!

I am continuing work on the Triggy Shawl (that took a backseat to the Christmas sock knitting) today when Bill takes a break to catch some football scores.

Rain fell all morning, it was a beautiful soaking with a little thunder for emphasis.  It is a precious gift to get rain in the winter.  This is right out the back door; a corn bucket for the Sandhill Cranes.

Make this a happy new year for those around you.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what I like most, the suiting samples or the KAL Mystery project. Both look like fun.

    Happy New Year to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the list for when your Mom and Dad get there? Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff! Your new wind chime/suncatcher is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sun in the first photo! (And of course the photo of the cranes!!)

    You've got some cool projects going! That men's suiting quilt is a great idea!!

    Have fun & Happy New Year!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! someone who acknowledges this as the last year of the decade not the first - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...