Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Aventures...."

This day was full of aventures........no, I didn't spell adventures wrong.  I have a 'full of life' grand daughter here who flavors every moment with her sayings!
Because it rained last night, Bill and David were able to burn the branches David has been collecting around the yard.  (They even stand the same.......this generation thing is amazing to see up close!)
David caught his first chameleon and shared it with us.
We made some lemonade from the lemons off my tree.  It took a lot of sampling to get it just right.
We played in the bamboo grove........it is now the fort and the center of much imaginings!
The highlight of the day was the pulling down of the old pumphouse in the backyard.  Abigail posed in the doorway;
she was the princess calling for her prince from the castle tower....

The guys succeeded in pulling it down and then hauling all the blocks to Bill's roads out back and the rest in the trailer for a dump run.
The girls watched from a safe distance!
Our neighbor called to say they had a few new baby goats if the kids wanted to see the kids!  They did.
They even got to collect the chicken eggs-what great farm fun to enjoy.
As the men cleaned up the mess in the yard, Abigail and I made some meatloaf for dinner.  She is a natural in the kitchen.  (She ate a huge dinner and wore her praise of a great meal with gentile humility.)

After a quick run to the bamboo fort, I was able to corral them and get them bathed and pj'ed and storied and in bed.........
I am knitting a little bit in the evening but mostly I am ready for bed! (This is about 4' across now)
(No wonder you don't get a lot of knitting done in the evening Daughter!) 

6 comments:

  1. It sounds exhausting - I have all that to look forward to! LOL

    That chameleon is so small - I had to look twice to find it! I thought they were biggish creatures - at least twelve inches long. Ah well, you live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the bye on the knitting! Someday I'll produce like you, but for now I am very happy to enjoy my two darlings!

    I miss you all but am glad you're having so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Abigal is feeling better! It looks like you guys are having a great time!!!
    ~Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your knitted rug. Do you mind me asking where you got the patten for it? Very Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo looks like a painting - it's beautiful!

    So when do you decide to change colors in your round afghan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having lots of fun (even if you are exhausted at the end of the day!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...