Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sharin'

                          
We had a sewing room day!  Marsel finished putting borders on her quilt and then we loaded it on the frame for her to start to quilt.
I forged a plan to make the quilt to use in my new bedroom.  Two blocks down and only 62 more to go!  We did pretty well sharing the sewing machine, cutting matt, rulers, etc!  The kids mostly played well and in between rain bouts, David and Bill burned another pile of brush which helped to discharge some excess energy.
I also started the next dish towel and gave Marsel her first weaving lesson.  She is a natural!  The pattern for this one is hopsack.  It looks like a gingham, doesn't it?!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the productivity! I love the verses on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't visit your blog often enough! Looks like you all had a wonderful busy week:) Loving the dish cloths and so glad to hear the snow didn't kill off all of your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the verses within the quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are beautiful.

    Hopefully you can spread the loom bug to Marsel!

    I have a blanket pattern that uses hopsack. I really want to give it a try!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long does it take to quilt a quilt with the long-arm sewing machine?

    I love the quilt colors you are doing. I love browns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...