Saturday, February 13, 2010

What A Color Change!

                                       
Bill worked until late last night covering the nicotine-stained ceiling.  Neither one of us slept well because of the fumes from that paint but it did its job!  This morning he put a coat of latex paint on the ceiling and it looks wonderful!
Mom came and we began to drench those drab walls with color! It is just incredible what it does to these rooms!  (Dad is down with the bad cold Bill and I had........sorry, Dad!  This is why he is absent from these pics!)
The family room is finally able to hold its own with the newer parts of the house!
The kitchen is going to be much more pleasant to be in now!  (No, I did not pick the color because it matched the Jaguars..........contrary to any smart aleck comments to the contrarty!)

I am putting the second coat on now and then I will be all ready for the new flooring to be laid on Monday!
Bill moved all the bathroom cabinets into place......ooooh, I am getting so excited!

9 comments:

  1. I can understand your excitement: every thing seems to be happening in leaps and bounds at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! It's really happening!!!

    Amazing how different those rooms look with color -- "drench with color" was an excellent description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..you guys are really moving along. Your last post about the stained ceiling should be enough to make everyone quilt smoking. Yuck!!
    Love your paint colors. Thanks for posting..it has been fun watching your renovations.
    Not sure when you find time to do your crafts..lol.

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color in the kitchen. What is the brand/name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks wonderful! Who made the smart aleck comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color choices!!!

    Phew...glad the ceiling worked out so well!!

    The cabinets look great!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for you, it's coming along so fast, it must be a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the teal color of the kitchen - it really makes the cabinets pop against it. You'll have all of this done in time to enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I can hardly keep up with all your remodeling! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...