Wednesday, February 24, 2010

T I M B E R ! ! !

                               
The men trimmed back some tree branches so that there would be plenty of light/room for the new pool screening.  The East Palatka Holly has been reshaped to resemble a weeping willow!  These trees are known for their excellent adaption to rigorous pruning and are often found in the shape of a big lollipop so we will give it a try!
David is quite the worker, hauling them down to the burn pile and hacking away with a hammer.
 (He craves an axe in a bad way but we were pretty sure that he must be a little older before he wields one on our watch!)  The old well house is all gone!  It looks so much more open in the backyard area.  We just have to wait for the pool permit to be approved so the contractor can begin work!
David also enjoyed the science of a magnifying glass and burned little holes in the leaves on the ground!  (This was a flashback to all the leaf burning designs my guys left through the years!)
We left the men to work and visited great grandma for a visit to a neighborhood playground.
The monkeys enjoyed hanging around!
I finished the graduation sashes while the kids napped-church night tonight; dropped in the chair after I got them to bed tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Even my kids are caught up in the flurry of productivity at your house! (...and I thought you were supposed to nap while the kids napped yesterday!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried but it didn't work out! I ended up separating the little angels and then they gave in to the zzzzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's never a dull moment at the Home of Delighted Hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...