Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girl Stuff

                                           
Abigail and I did cleaning and dusting then we did some sewing!  She sat on my lap and helped steer the cloth under the needle.  It was such a wonderful time and the joy on her face when she put the clothes on her doll, well, it was priceless!
We then moved on  to the loom; I have wanted to finish the dishtowel and cloth on the loom so Marsel can take them home with her!  I haven't grabbed much loom time lately!
 But Abigail climbed right on my lap and was the 'beater girl' and we developed a good rhythm together! 

I will be weaving one for my sister next.  I think it will be a huck weave......
We have had a pretty regular visitor lately, a stray tom we call Stubby.  He has a very short tail, 6", very short legs and no neck to speak of!  He is gentle and teases for Bling and Nyki to come out and play.  Abigail loved to see him come to the door like this and put his paw up on the glass like he was knocking!

David and Bill mowed, cut, trimmed, stacked limbs and bush hogged at the pond.  A real guy day!

Marsel came home in time for dinner-the reunion was a happy sight!

2 comments:

  1. The love of sewing passes to a new generation. How wonderful. The cats are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you are going to miss them when they go home. You both have had a wonderful time with them.

    Friendly cats? Who'd a thought it? Our Tom is the most placid, gentle boy (especially with his "dad") but let another cat come within coo-ee and it's on for young and old (even through the window).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...