Friday, February 12, 2010

Confusion

I will try to catch you up on the last two days!  Yesterday, I was holed up in my sewing room all day as the men re-taped and mended the walls.



The diningroom became a maze of appliances since they had to be cleared out of the kitchen. 
Nyki was a bit tense about all the noice and confusion.  What is the kitchen cabinet doing in the bedroom?!
When they spread out the leveling  cement between the old and new rooms, it took only a second for this to happen!  How many feet does this little cat have?!
While trying to stay out of the way, I spent most of the day in my sewing room and  finished Millie's quilt.
And sewed 14 of the 30 satin graduation sashes.
And altered Caleb's new suit.
And pieced a bunch of the batik blocks.  Yes, it is curved piecing.  Not too hard but it does require pins to keep it accurate!
The grout was applied in the entryway and
.......the bathroom.  Now for some rinsing.....ya think!
Bill treated us to a rotisserie chicken from the local WinnDixie for supper.  Quite a day.
Today, the men sealed up the kitchen and livingroom and sprayed the knockdown and orange peal on the ceiling and walls.  It was loud and messy and they had to block up the heat vents so no furnace for 3 hours!  It is cold (45F) and rainy so it didn't take long for me to get chilled.  I sat and knitted with the cats on my lap!

This is the good news-new texture on the walls and ceiling! 

The bad news; the wet stuff on the ceiling has activated the nicotine of the previous owners and it has seeped through to make for a very brown color.  ANOTHER REASON NOT TO SMOKE!  CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE YOUR LUNGS WHEN THE CEILING LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!

Bill has the special oil based enamel to apply to the ceiling to stop this stuff from leaching through to the nice white finishing paint!  An extra step but it is necessary.  He will apply a coat tonight and then tomorrow we will embark on a painting frenzy so that we will be done with both coats of paint by the time the men return on Monday morning to put the flooring down! 

Confusing, yes, but all to a good end.  (Bill took me out to eat when the men finished this afternoon.  And then we went to HomeDepot to pick out interior doors and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!)
I am heading to my recliner and some knitting.....

4 comments:

  1. Wow, where to begin commenting on a post that is this full of news!

    The chaos does not look like fun...but the progress is so exciting!

    'Yuck' on the ceiling. Hope it cleans up well.

    David wants you to know that he loves the kitty prints in the cement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment!

    Was it Nyki or Bling? I'm guessing the first since you said "little"!!

    "Erk" to the ceiling. My paternal grandparents' house used to look like that on the walls and ceiling - as a child I thought it was normal. When WM and I got married we banished all smoking visitors (even my dad) outside. The smell of smoke lingers long after the visitors go home and gives me really bad headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - huge progress. And, as always, I'm impressed by your ability to keep producing quilts, knitting, etc during household chaos.

    Cat prints....too cute (easy for me to say from far away!)

    That ceiling is really something. I had no idea that would happen. Hope it isn't too difficult to make right.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww! I'm glad I don't smoke!

    What a lot of work you guys have done, but it's shalong up so nicely.

    I showed your tote bags to a friend of mine who is helping me save bags for you and she really liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...