Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Monovision

 There was only 65 stitches left to bind off on the Le'Enveloppe I am making for my oldest
granddaughter so I worked through those bit by bit.
I have to do some more seaming up and then finish the edging when I can see better.
It is not as easy as you think to work with only one eye. 
 Try it for a few minutes and you will see what I mean. 
 A migraine does that to me-both eyes are impaired for the first 12 hours
 and the right eye only for another 18-20.
  It means I work by memory for a lot of things and slowly for all the rest.
This little hat was started by my granddaughter; 
 she will be learning to do machine knitting over our next few visits. 
 I'm hoping I will not have to wait another 6 months before I see her again!

8 comments:

  1. I can't do anything but lay in a dark room and listen to audiobooks when I get that way. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that your granddaughter is learning to knit! Trust you are feeling better...thankfully I don't get migraines, but I know they can be so debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised that you can do anything like that with a migraine, not to mention fiddly details! I am sure it'll be there when you feel better, no point in making your head hurt worse than it already does:(
    hope you're feeling better soon!
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue of that gradient! And kudos to the grand for starting her knitting machine journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your teaching your granddaughter how to use the knitting machine. She did a good job on starting the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the skill gets passed on to the NEXT generation!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry about your migraine. Your knitting is lovely . Seems you have joined the new knitter project of about a month ago. Two knit stores i visited had joined a campaign to teach many many new knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous poncho! Glad you are feeling better now... 💚

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SOME KNITTING TIME

I will be working on my sock knitting today since I will be in the waiting room for quite a while;   Bill is having surgery to remove his ga...