Sunday, November 4, 2018

Fill the Day Up All the Way!

 First thing this morning, I cut the sashing for this 4 x 5 layout
It hardly shows up on the background but I have cut the all but didn't sew it together!
I discovered I hadn't cut all of the pieces for the quilt so I needed to finish that, too.
I have piles to grab in my spare minutes all week now!
 It didn't take long to finish off the twin sized memory tie quilt next.
A simple meaner in the background color didn't compete with the tie fabrics.
 I loaded up Millie's second quilt as soon as the tie quilt was finished!
This one is a king sized quilt which means that I use a a LOT of thread to get this one done!
I haven't done one this large in a long time.

The Invariance cardigan is now completed-the wooden buttons are in place-a bit of hand sewing and it was a done deal!
 I have my first MKAL (machine knit- along) starting on Monday, so I have been doing some swatches with different yarns to be prepared.
 It is hard to wait for the swatch to dry so I can do my math!
Once you know the secrets, the math is not so bad but you will see more from me on this soon!
You can't machine knit wearables without doing a swatch-
even we as hand knitters know the wisdom of swatching.
Do you swatch?!

6 comments:

  1. You have been very busy as usual. I got in a few rows of crochet yesterday while sitting outside watching the Ohio State game with Little Buddy walking all around and talking non stop. It was so beautiful out, our first perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very rarely swatch because the item I knit don't require it. If a charity asks for a specific size, then I will take the time to swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos but especially BRAVA TO YOU ON THOSE BUTTONS which look absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do swatch a wee bit. Not to get gauge so much but for finding the right size to knit. I gave up on gauge as I could never get it so I just adjust the dimension to what I get. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not swatch. But, then again, I don't knit garments and I pretty much know my sock math.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those buttons are perfect on that sweater — a nice vintage-y touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...