Thursday, November 1, 2018

Pretty in Pink

Hot off the machine needle and all seamed up!
This is a child's size 6 sweatshirt styled sweater.
This will go to another grandchild.
I did the ribbing on the machine by hand manipulation;
the ribbing of the neck was done on the knitting needle after picking up the stitches.
I used Lion Brand Mandala DK yarn, one skein with only a few yards left!
 Look at the surprise I had this morning!  This is the night blooming Cereus;  I missed the dozen blooms all this week because I just couldn't stay up late enough to  see them fully open.
 I couldn't believe they were still open this morning!  I'm wondering if the cooler temperatures ( mid-fifties) kept the open longer.
 Whatever the reason, I fully enjoyed seeing them;  what a gift to start my day!

7 comments:

  1. That sweater is so pretty! Even though you and pink aren’t best buddies, I’m glad you’ve always been willing to “do pink” for your daughter and granddaughters! :) Fun surprise on the cereus — could you ask it to please bloom one morning while I’m there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweater!!!
    That bloom just waiting for you in the morning is just crazy. I remember your posts from years past about trying to see the bloom open. That's just...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweater! Isn't it wonderful to discover unexpected beauty in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sweater, and those flowers are stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and pretty! You'll never run out of grandkids, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One sweater done and another started? You are a demon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...