Saturday, November 3, 2018

Four B's

 Yesterday my neighbor and I took an hour's trip to our 'local' JoAnns' store 
to purchase some supplies.
I needed some batting (big sale on the king width Warm & Natural) 
and buttons for my new sweater.
The mornings have been very chilly for us and I would like to wear it to church tomorrow!
 I also needed some backing for the lap size quilt I am finishing up!
It is a perfect match-I will be back for more
 since I am going to turn all of these blocks into several quilts not just one big one!
And then I was lured into purchasing some beige strips 
to go with this one for either a rail fence or log cabin lap quilt!
The B's won out on this shopping trip!

7 comments:

  1. I miss JoAnns. There was one near Daddio's nursing home but since he's gone I haven't back. I used to enjoy taking him over to let him pick out material. This is going to be a tough holiday season since it was the Christmas material that always caught his eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long way for a JoAnns, but I get it! Glad you had a good list and a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn's is a drive for me, too. Looks like you found the perfect buttons and backing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A successful trip I see. Today was just the most beautiful day. The windows are open and the air is perfect. Enjoy your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those buttons were a perfect choice.

    I love the jelly roll on the left. That outside fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Warm and Natural batting. I used it in my Autumn quilt and it has a great weight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to pick up more batting. I have enough left for a few wallhangings, which I already have made and waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...