Sunday, November 11, 2018

One Finish

 I woke up and got right to work on the L'Enveloppe and completed the 'sleeve' section of the poncho.
I had to give the stockinette edges a good steam so they didn't roll.
 It was good but I decided to close up the slit on the side, seen here, and then I added I-cord around the whole edge of the garment and even the collar.
  One side has the seam sewn up leaving an armhole
 and the other side is more of the open poncho style;
  this way the poncho stays put and you don't have to pull it to keep it on straight!
  And it can be worn with the arm in either side so for me-
I can wear it with the warm or cool colors in the front. 
 Brilliant.  
And here I am ready to wear it to church this chilly 62F morning!
(it is Nemo photo bombing me with his best side presented)

10 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fabulous on you! Well done!

    Love you little ginger bomber too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out lovely. I like that you can switch it around so the colors change.

    What is it with cats and their bottom sides??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a poncho person but I might make an exception for that one! Love your design revisions to make it work better for you (and two for one! Bonus!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like this! The colors will work for casual and dressy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a brilliant design and you look brilliant in it! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, it is just gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Just lovely!!! The colors are beautiful and looks great on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat construction! I must look into that pattern. Love the photo bomb!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful!!! wow. I never seem to get the seams to flatten that nicely. Love Nemo's addition to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun — I like the cool/warm option!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...