Saturday, November 17, 2018

Grand Cable!

 The pullover is off the needles, the sleeves have been grafted on and it has been blocked and dried!
 It is now ready to be gifted to my daughter when she arrives for a Thanksgiving visit with family, 
late Sunday night!
The sweater is long and slender just like her!
The back is just the same as the front which is nice and makes the knitting very interesting!

I have purchased yarn to make this for me; now that I have knit this once, 
I know what to expect so I will change things up--I will knit the sweater bottom up this time 
(not top down!), 
I will knit the sleeves on the machine again but when I get to the yoke, 
I will be able to pick up the sleeve stitches and knit the top to the ribbed neck. 
 That's the plan;  
I will cast on today as I sit at a birthday party 
for one of Will's classmates so he can go and be a kid!

STATS;  Granville DK cotton/merino yarn from Webs
               #4 needles
               machine knit sleeves
               Pattern is by Plymouth Yarns, No. 3231

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely sweater, I'm sure your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, where will the seam be? Wrapping my mind around this issue. The 1st version is gorgeous!!! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just lovely! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous sweater. I am afraid of cables that complicated as I am easily confused and I know it doesn't take much to mess up cables! Your daughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wore this yesterday — it was lovely to wear! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...