Friday, June 14, 2024

A SWEATER IS OFF THE NEEDLES!!

A sweater finish! 
 The pattern is Derecho by Berroco, Size 5 needles, 
Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball yarn held together with Jubilee Yarn Minnesota Delightfully Fine Yarn. 
 I made several alterations to the pattern-mainly I changed the hem from a high low, rounded hem to a standard hem making the ribbing with the same needles as the body so that the ribbing wouldn't pull in at the hem.  I also made the sleeves a bit longer.  
A very good knit!

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Cindy! The colors are very pretty and I really like the changes you've made. Maybe someday I'll knit myself something different than a cardigan. We'll see.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish! I love what the yarn did with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I need to find some yarn to make one for me. It will only take me 100 years. And sorry about the shawl redo, but totally understand. What a lovely case for her phone, a true original.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...