Wednesday, June 5, 2024

JUST KEEP SMILING

I finished the two quilts at group yesterday;  it is so miserable to try and enjoy something, even something you love, when you have a pounding headache!  The meds from the doctor that knocked the headache right out of my life for the first time in years, will not be covered by my insurance.  So, I can try and get 'coupons' from the manufacturer or contest the refusal by the insurance (which is just a ton of busyness and paper work) or try something else!
  Which is what I did last night.  We will see how it goes. 
 The doctor and patient get so excited when there is a new medicine that works without side effects and the insurance won't cover it because it is new and costs them more!  I do NOT have any sympathy for them!  Sigh....
My lovely phalaenopsis is blooming again! 
 I love having one in my room because it cheers me up!
And Bill found this for me--a TALL wooden ladder that is going to be transformed into a trellis/archway for my Wisteria plants! 
 More to come!
 

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that about your medication. I had that happen to me years ago with some ulcer medication and it made me so angry. Those old wooden ladders are real treasures. I am kicking myself for not keeping dad's. They were covered in paint and were works of art. There was one folding ladder with a tray that I really loved. I can still see it in my mind. Such fond memories of painting our bedrooms over and over whenever we wanted a color change...lol. I did keep his paint bench and use it as a stand in my art room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the insurance company. I've had the same experience and it's so frustrating.
    That wooden ladder will be beautiful as a trellis and your artistic hands are just right for making it.
    The quilts did turn out beautifully, even with the headache. Again, I'm so very sorry and hope there is a solution to your dilemma very soon.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishes!! and Yay for a med that works - Boo to the insurance company - that sucks. Hope the new solution works for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hi, pounding headache. I'm a fellow pounding headache here in the South. Good that we're both keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful orchid! I put mine in the woodland garden as planned - but it seems it gets more direct sun than I thought! My poor babies got a little sun-burned. They are now on the sunporch and hopefully will recover just fine! So much for that experiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...