Monday, June 24, 2024

STUFF

Only another 3" to go on the sweater body before ribbing!  The sleeves only get ribbing since it is a summer sweater. 
 Getting there!
We are finally getting our afternoon, rains ending the 5 week drought which wouldn't have been so hard except the temps were at 100* most days, and that means rainbows!!!
The rain means the flowers are just bursting with relief!
This is the Tree Crinem which is 5' tall!  And fragrant! 
 And do you see something in front of the marble border?
We have a young Gopher Tortoise who has decided to burrow under this area which isn't a happy thing!  Their digging skills are robust and building under the garage slab isn't a place we'd like him to set up house!  A few months ago he was under a nearby tree so we are hoping he outgrows this choice of home soon, too!
And weighing in at 1 1/2" are the new lizards which are really anoles!  Sweet little things!  (Thanks for  posting on my son's arm!)
 

5 comments:

  1. Nice you got some rain. We sure could use some here....beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I will have to agree to disagree --- STRONGLY --- about anoles. They are a hearty "Nope" from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is flying off the needles!
    We need some rain. I wish we would start getting some afternoon thunderstorms too. We used to have a pet anole. My grandmother brought one back from her trip to Florida. I think it lived a fairly happy life in an aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is coming along great! It will be done before you know it. I'm glad you're getting rain. We've had too much as now the Missouri River is flooding. I've never seen an anole, (or heard of one either). It's really cute. I loved the lizards that climbed the walls in our room in Hawaii. It was like having a permanent houseguest.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work! Those bodies take forever, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

YARN HAS BEEN INTRODUCED

It takes a lot of concentration but I did some knitting.   I'm adding another column to the sock yarn scraps blanket.   I have plenty of...