Monday, June 10, 2024

IT'S JUST AN UMBRELLA

Just remove the old umbrella and put up the new one, we thought.
We will be done in minutes....Since it was 100* out, a quick job was all we could manage.
BUT
 the base had to be removed and the new one arranged. 
We forgot about that.  And it came with new sandbags so it was wise to fill them, too. 
And the old table legs had rusted from the pool water being splashed on them for several years!  So we figured out the new angle for the shorter legs and Bill used a tool to cut off the bottom of the legs and we put the plastic plugs back in.
 ( I used my sewing skills to know how to trace the legs
 to make them all the same length!)
Once the legs were finished, we could move the chairs back in place!  Not bad for the 10 minute job to take 2 hours!
So grateful we have a pool so we could cool off-really cool off because heat exhaustion was a real possibility!
As always, it is worth it to have the job done.
And done right.
This new umbrella even has solar lights! 
 The cats also approved.
 

 



7 comments:

  1. Our neighbors umbrella has solar lights, never knew they came that way. Glad you were able to get everything done like you wanted…. stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth all the work - it looks great! Hope you did enjoy a dip in the pool after all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is easy anymore, is it? I was just thinking I need a new umbrella but then I remembered I took the table to the dump....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your seating area. I would so enjoy being there on that sofa, knitting away on my sock. With an occasional dip in the pool to cool off of course.
    I'm sorry about the trial of getting it all set up. Nothing goes easily does it? Alls well that ends well, as the saying goes.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not an umbrella, that's an umbrelllllllllaaaaa!!! LOL. Love the leaf you macraméd. And the socks, adore the socks!! I make Helix hats when I need to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s beautiful! I love how it gives shade but also lets some light through. -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat approval is SO important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...