Wednesday, June 26, 2024

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I've started a new bowl from a larger piece of the Brown Birch tree my son brought me.  The shape came out well and the grain is looking good!
A bit of bark is left which I always like on the bowl.  I even started the top of the bowl but had to quit when a big thunder storm rolled in.  I take the threat of lightening seriously and a garage is not enough protection!
When I went out this morning to continue the work, the small crack had expanded to a VERY large one! I've ordered some two-part putty to fill the crack otherwise the bowl can't be made-it would be in two parts too soon into the hollowing!!!  I can be patient.  I can be patient.  I can be patient...

 

5 comments:

  1. Hope the putty works! That will be a lovely bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no....so much promise. It's such a pretty piece of wood. Hope you can save it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience Patience.... what a pretty bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house must be a fascinating place. Crafty things everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bowl is going to be beautiful and you have LOTS of patience. I can't believe how big the crack got overnight.
    Is it cooling off a bit so you can spend time in the garage now? It's been gorgeous up here in the Black Hills of SD. A nice cool breeze is blowing now and we're supposed to get a rain shower for an hour or two soon.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

JUST A DOT

 While I try to do some sitting up time often each day, I have been working on the Dotz projects.  My brain can handle covering up all the #...