Monday, June 17, 2024

TRY IT AGAIN


 I have run out of yarn to finish this shawl
 (Delicate Shells Shawl by Yarnspirations). 
 It is also longer than it needs to be so I am going to rip it out....I know, I think I make most things twice but only have half as many completed items! Groan. 
80" long without blocking.  Since I am 66" tall, I would at most round up the shawl to 70" long so this is 10"-12" too long.
 I do like the pattern enough to give it another go. 
 The yarn isn't a thrill to work with but the drape and weight of the shawl is promising! Today, I have a dentist appointment so I will bring it along to rip out.  Here goes!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I can't say I blame you. I rip out knitting when I'm unhappy with my results. You'll be much happier with a smaller version of the scarf. I have a hard time thinking that anyone would want a 70" scarf. (Sounds like me and very long table runners too.) Enjoy your crafty week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....I hate when that happens but sometimes a good ripping can be quite satisfying. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that! But now you'll be in a great position of knowing the pattern well. I hope the dentist visit goes very well for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I've started a new bowl from a larger piece of the Brown Birch tree my son brought me.  The shape came out well and the grain is looking...