Thursday, June 13, 2024

LOOKING FORWARD TO DIVING IN...


During quilt group, I began the work of cutting out two new quilts!  Things went well but since I am still trying to think through
 'the miserable headache that never ends', 
I read everything four times 
and checked and rechecked to avoid mistakes.!
  I am cutting out all of the pieces before I begin the piecing on these two quilts.  I don't always do that but since I am making two,
 I thought it would be a good idea to have them both cut out. 
 Do you have a preference for cutting out--everything at once 
or enough for a block at a time?
I also picked up some more jute cord to add to the leaves.  
These are the colors I want to add; 
 I will also vary the sizes of the leaves.  
I've picked out another branch 
to begin a more traditional wall hanging out of a thicker jute cord.  
 

3 comments:

  1. I usually cut the pieces for the whole quilt before I sew. I like your new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut a little at a time because my cutting is as bad as my sewing. I don't want to waste material if I have gone terribly wrong which I do on a regular basis anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the few quilts that I've made I've cut the entire thing out before beginning sewing.
    I'm fascinated by those leaves.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...