Thursday, June 20, 2024

SOFT AND SMOOTH

I couldn't wait to sample a bit of the newly carded wool by using my favorite drop spindle.  Since it had been a few years since I used the spindle, a lot of dropping occurred but soon enough I had it spinning and not slipping from my fingers!  
The Cotswold wool is spinning up beautifully! 
 I think I want to try and make a spindle whorl on the lathe.
The last row of weaving has taken place;  the shuttle won't get through any more so I stitched the last rows together so cutting can take place and today I will be hemming and then washing the towels!
 

5 comments:

  1. I don't spin (and do NOT need another hobby!!). I like your towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never seem to master the drop spindle. Yours looks wonderful and the wool looks like a puffy cloud.
    The towel also looks great. You are definitely the master of many crafts.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s the fleece you were washing when I was there, right? -M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fibery goodness going on!!! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me that I need to dust off my spindle projects before the Tour starts. Your towel is beautiful! My poor loom is gathering dust thanks to all this renovation stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...