Saturday, June 29, 2024

SPINNING ON SUNDAY!

I have my spinning station arranged by my bedroom recliner.
(On the left is a cat cushion;  Lena spent a good part of the day there but of course, moved when I tried to get a photo!)
The view is relaxing-even if it is raining out or I can watch a movie on my laptop while I spin.  (Spinning can be a bit messy-see the fuzzy bits attached to the 'neps' or 'noils' that are found in a fleece!)  
The little bits of grass or hay are also picked out as you spin-just part of the process. Yes, most of the debris in a fleece comes out in the washing and carding of the wool but the wool doesn't easily let go of the plant matter!
I managed to spin 3.6 ounces yesterday and will spin another batt today after church to round it out to a full 4 ounce bobbin.  
This Cotswold wool is a joy to spin! 
This spinning is a relaxing way to mark the passing of June!
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a lot for one day! I'm still dealing with the itchies so it's slow going here. I watched this morning's Tour while sandwiching my sister's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats tease you with perfect poses in perfect light, only to instantly move when the camera appears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set up. Sorry about the rain unless your area needs it. We do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty yarn! I forget — do you already have plans for the yarn or not yet? -Marsel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

MORE PIECING-NEW MONTH!

The square-in-a-square blocks are all finished  (but not sewn to each other) so I am working on making the star blocks;   the corner units a...