Friday, June 7, 2024

THE DAY STRETCHED OUT

The seal went in the door on the right so I ordered some privacy film and put it up first thing in the morning.  it looks prettier than the foggy window and echos the bamboo that grows in our yard!
It even looks pretty from the pool side, too. 
 A nice bonus.
Next, I headed to the garage to tackle a bowl from the Brown Birch my son cut down in his yard.  It was so nice to work with green or fresh wood (it isn't so hard!) for a change! 
 I have it sanded and a coat of sanding sealer
 on after I took this picture. 
 The weather changed from hot and humid to rain
so I headed back inside.
With a good rain storm outside, I put on Vera 
and did some knitting!  Lena gave me some added love!
 

6 comments:

  1. Another busy day! I really like that film you put on the door. Normally I don't like it but you picked a beautiful pattern. It's perfect for your Florida home! I'm looking forward to seeing your bowl. Each one is such a piece of art and stunning. And a perfect way to end the day. Yarn and a good show on the TV.
    I was up until 2:00 this morning, unable to sleep. I played with yarn and watched TV too. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that is a cool film - will it help keep your house cooler?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely film on the door! We got some of that stuff for both our bathroom windows - ours has pretty yellow flowers on it. It does a great job and looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Vera.
    The weather that you are having down there must be miserable. I can't believe that the water temps are so high already. I've got my fingers crossed that all those dire hurricane predictions come to nothing. After all these tornadoes we need a break. When we're having them here in MD something isn't right. Wednesday night was pretty scary for Daughter who was sitting on 270 when it went over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is just lovely. Cozying down is the perfect way to knit, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Vera!!! Sounds like a great day. Sorry about the headache.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FAREWELL, HELENE!

 Just a messy yard and a few hours without power is all the mark that Hurricane Helene left for us.  It sounded pretty wild through the nigh...