I do not see Queen Anne's Lace in FL so it is fun to spot them here! Unfortunately, the ragweed is right in the same clump of weeds way out back--that Fall weed does not like me! We also found a patch of blackberries but it is the tail-end of them and since it is also a drought status here, the few I found were small. Still, it was fun to eat a few!
I thought I would mention that I am using a #10 needle to make the blanket pattern I shared yesterday, and not the #5 they recommend. I am starting to decrease on one side (the left bottom of the pic) to begin the rectangle shape!
Mom is knitting using #9's. I will share a pic of her's tomorrow!
The blanket looks very soft and drapey…nice. -Marsel
ReplyDeleteWhen I was about 10 my grandmother took me on a trip to Niagara Falls. It was the first time I had ever seen Queen Anne's Lace and I was fascinated. I see it here from time to time and it always makes me think of her.
ReplyDeleteThe QUeens anne is very pretty - yuck to the weeds!
ReplyDeleteThe Queen Anne's lace is beautiful! I've never seen it in person but would love to. The blanket is looking great and I'm looking forward to seeing your Moms. I'm making a baby blanket out of the same pattern but it will most likely be a square. We'll see how it ends up. I'm also using #10 needles!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
Queen Anne's Lace is so pretty, but I don't see it growing around here (eastern SD) either. Ragweed however DOES grow in abundance here and it really makes me miserable. Your blanket project has been coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteThe blanket looks great!! Hello to your mom, and I look forward to seeing her work in your next post!! xo
ReplyDelete