Sunday, August 23, 2026

OH, SO PRETTY!

My hibiscus are finally blooming again after the freezes of last winter which knocked the bush back to a stubby few sticks!  I am so glad they came back!
The second baby sweater is finished but buttonless right now.  I am heading to town on Tuesday to the dermatologist AND to pick up my sewing machine which has been fixed finally! (My Cadillac machine has been waiting for a part and is now repaired so I don't have to use my portable class machine that I have been using since June!)   While I am out and about, I will be getting buttons for it!  My friend, Mary, is going with me so we will make a day of it-doctor's, pick-up the sewing machine,  lunch, Michaels and then Hobby Lobby!  

And look how pretty my orchid is!  Bill did a good job of caring for it while I was in NY!  There are 11 flowers on this stalk!  It's stunning!
 

7 comments:

  1. Such magic colors in this post... Thank goodness there are sewing machine repair folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty sweater and the orchid is blooming like crazy. Mine isn't doing anything for the moment. I hope it decides to bloom again soon. Your Tuesday plans sound like lots of fun. There isn't anything better than a trip to both Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet sweater! Your orchid is amazing. Kudos to Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our hibiscus are going crazy with blooms this year. The bumble bees are very happy.

    I know YOU will be happy to get your sewing machine back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!! The sweater is so sweet, as are your flowers. Have a nice day out with Mary and hooray for getting the sewing machine back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hibiscus is beautiful, and the sweater is gorgeous! You will be so pleased to have your sewing machine back after all this time!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRONT PORCH SPIFFING UP

Slowly but surely, I am getting some decorations  for Fall out on the front porch. Yesterday, I had fun stuffing the bench cushions  into th...