Monday, March 8, 2010

St Augustine Day

Tourist Day!  The Grandmas, Marsel and the kids all played hookey from the house project and went to be tourists at St Augustine!  We packed a picnic lunch and watched the kids play while we munched.
Marsel and the kids ran down the stairs to the beach but because of the high tide, there was a critical timing thing involved........Mom and I stayed on the boardwalk and bravely held the accoutrement while they adventured!
David didn't mind the water temp being in the 50's!
Marsel and Abigail stayed here and yelled to David to come closer to shore!
After their quick dash back to the stairs we bundled the kids up and headed to the fort.
Excitement mounts......see our two family members in red?
The kids are so imaginative and avid readers so this historic fort was a place they could have stayed at for a week and still wouldn't be done.
We marveled at the beauty in all the cannons-such a contradiction.  This one was cast in 1722.
How's this one for character?!
So many bunks and yet not a single quilt!
We did get to see them shoot the rifles......
This is an overview of the fort.
What a nice place to visit!
On the way home, we stopped at a quilt shop and I found just the right fabric for the shades in the living room!  What a great day!

3 comments:

  1. It does look like a great day! The cannons are oddly beautiful.

    Very appropriate fabric for curtains in FLA! Quite nice!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the Fort a dozen times I love going, it's a different experience every time. But then again St. Augie is really such a fabulous place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr! David is braver than me! How wonderful that the kids appreciate history.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...