Monday, July 6, 2009

Checking It Off The List!

I am enjoying the pace of my Tour de Fleece, I have spun 900 yards so far and it is fun to see it all add up!
I will finish up this skein tonight.
Bill made himself a list for the next three days and he was a powerhouse of checkmarks today:
He gave me a tempory space for the washer and dryer.
We emptied the front porch and took the shutters off the walls. He moved the temporary service out of the way so they can stucco behind it and moved the phone wires from an exterior run into the attic where it belongs!

We shifted our attention to the back of the house and moved all the lawn furniture, the bbq grill and then the cement slabs! And as for weaving, I am slowly but surely moving through threading all the heddles for the 'skinny fiber ' project(see July 2nd post) An observation; I think I am going to like the 'bigger fiber' projects. This is my hypothesis . I will let you know the outcome. Since Friday, I have been on steroids to try to get my body back on track-allergies have gone overboard after my bronchitus and the cessation of my favorite Allegra (since our insurance company won't cover my perscripts any more.) So farall the over-the-counter brands have brought no relief........I am buzzing from the meds but at least my sinus headache is subsiding. My hands shake and so it makes for inaccurate heddle threading. I am doing a little every day though and I will get it done so I can start weaving again-soon! I have also received an assortment of very pretty plastic bags from a friend-I have put the word out that I need some colorful ones and my friends are getting creative in their shopping now that they are looking for them! We all need a little help from our friends!

4 comments:

  1. 900 yards??? WOW! And with all the other stuff you have going on. I am impressed. Such pretty fibers too. Would it be called yarn?? Love the colors - ocean like. Sorry about the allergy meds. What is with insurance anyway??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail just woke up a few minutes ago, and her first words of the day (when she saw the beginning of this post) were "I know who did that -- Grandma!!!" Lovely yarn.

    Yay for Dad -- nice to see so many things getting knocked off the list.

    Kinda funny that we all notice plastic shopping bags now...something I never paid attention to before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your spinning! And your home makeover. You really have that man of yours getting things done! Will try to post pics of my weaving today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful spinning and plying And, is that an Ashford wheel hanging over the washer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...