Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stucco On!

I started a new warp on the loom. A bit finer than the string and plastic bag strips this time. This is from a box of #30 thread I got a long time ago. It will be an experiment in overshot...
I am still making progress on the alpaca shawl. The 32 row repeat goes on........

Stucoo cement is on several sides of the house! This is just the base coat (3/4") and next week they will apply the color/texture coat. They are amazing how efficiently they put the stucco on! even in spite of the steamy day ; they worked in the shade when they could!
(The red around the windows is tape to keep the cement off the sills.)



This is a view of the garage from behind it.
The south addition from the back yard.
Front corner and south side of the house.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I LIKE the red around the doors and windows. :D Again, it looks so different and won't be long now before it is all done. Wondering what color it is going to be. I can't wait to see what you create on the loom next. The one shawl looks way to warm for a day like today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David's comment was "No way -- that looks disgusting!!!" -- he was very glad to hear that this isn't the final look!!! :)

    Fun to see it happening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so excited! Can't wait to see the final product! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...