Monday, July 12, 2010

Endings and Beginnings

I am almost done with the bamboo shawl........I just have to twist the fringe and it will be complete!  I think I will add some beads to that area, too, for extra bling.  I just love the actual weaving... after the warping.
I am on row 205...binding happens after row 209--so close! 
Puff Daddy slows me down when he helps me by holding the yarn as it pulls from the ball!  He gets so frantic with his play and then he conks out for a long nap.  I have learned to endure his help, knowing a nap will be my reward!
(I got a bit behind when I couldn't knit yesterday afternoon or evening-I suffer every time I eat pork.  I love the way it tastes but I will definitely avoid it from now on.  I used to suffer from eating everything but after having my gall bladder out, very little bothers me anymore.....except for pork.  I might be thick about some things but this is a done deal now-no more oink for me!)
I have a new quilt on the frame.  (My neighbor has been busy and brought me two lap-sized ones to quilt for her.)
I received this in the mail today-there is nothing like a 'fiber' thank you!  (I love it, Benita!)
Bill has gotten all the lawns mowed today and is now playing on his tractor.
The rains and heat have hatched a new wave of these fellows-sand lizards.  Cute!  (1 3/4" long is all when they are newly hatched!)

2 comments:

  1. The shawl is gorgeous -- I agree that some beads would be a great touch.

    Looking forward to having you share some projects at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy!

    I love lizards! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...