Friday, July 9, 2010

Warped and Ready

Warping up the loom is hard work! 
A lot of patience and a lot of chocolate gets the job done!  (I recommend high doses of both!)
I bit of hemstitching and I am on the way!
The weaving is so good.  This pattern is from HandWoven (budget bamboo shawl Sept/Oct 2009) using Aunt Lydia's Bamboo crochet thread.  I made one for me last Fall with an allover lace pattern but this time I am using the blocked lace option.  I like it!
Thank you , Benita, for pointing out that while I only have a few more rows to go on the lace shawl, it does mean that I have >16,000+ stitches to knit before completion!  In spite of these facts, I am knitting like a horse headed for the barn!
Is anyone joining in on the spinner's Tour de Fleece?!  Alpaca yarn is on my wheel.

4 comments:

  1. ...and functioning at warp speed as usual! :)

    PD has grown even more since we left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee-Hee-Hee... What funny cat antics! Don't you just love alpaca!?! I have one more skein to complete then I'll be taking a break from art yarn and finish up some of my alpaca mountain...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and with carmel too yumm. Guess I'll have to get some before my next warping project.
    What are you weaving?

    Can't wait to see your lace shawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these dys I'm going to join the in the spinning fun, but I need to find out about it before is actually starts. I think I'll put the date on my next year's calendar so I'll be better prepared.

    So, what is your goal for this year?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...