Friday, December 10, 2010

Knittin' Honey

 I finished the Quant (a free pattern on Ravelry if you want to try it) and used the last of the yarn to make some wrist warmers to match. 
 I have dyed some roving (superwash from KnitPicks) but I think it will need to go into the pot again because there is more white showing than I wanted.  Nice to be able to do a re-do with this.
 I put another entrelac dishcloth on the needles last night and will make the other today!  Very pleasing knit if you are at all tempted, give it a try!
Yeah, I finished the mile long socks for Bill-I even had several yards of yarn left so I can use it for heel repairs if needed!

6 comments:

  1. Love the Quant set, it's very pretty...as is the entrelac!

    Those socks are HUGE (and this from someone who doesn't have small feet herself)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone has gotten a new addiction - entrelac?:)) with the childlike head under the quant it looks a bit like a modern-day "little red riding hood":)) and keeping a few inches of yarn - made me start knitting toe-up socks for those men in the familiy, where it's always a close thing with 100 g of sockwool for one pair:))
    I think I am going to order some multicolour cotton - you infected me with the entrelac virus.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty roving.

    Wow, those are big socks!! I introduced Scott to wool socks for the first time this week, and he is smitten. He says his feet have never been warmer.

    I haven't gotten the gumption to try entrelac. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the Quant really did turn out lovely. I read through the pattern and I think I will just stick dble pointed needle in eye instead. (might as well jump right to the headache part) I am very impressed with your continued immersion in entrelac!

    The thigh high sock turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I kind of liked the roving how it was, I am interested to see how it will spin up.

    I am out of wool for the moment so am spinning vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the roving turned out! You might want to just give it a try and see how it spins up. Never know you might like it;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...