Friday, March 30, 2018

Detection

The boys and I have been doing some metal detecting
around the yard.
We have found quite a bit of scrap metal 
but some is very interesting!
The more decorative pieces I will add to the others
and make a plaque of the interesting shapes!

This bottle is pretty and still has its lid.
This one is an older bottle because it pre-dates the screw on cap.
We admire the beauty of the objects 
and the boys love getting dirty and digging holes!
And so do I!
This is a large (8") disc of heavy metal.
It sure made the detector go crazy.
It will go to Bill's scrap metal pile.
Another day, another beep....

6 comments:

  1. That's so much fun! You've got some real finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting discoveries! I bet the boys had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a very good day of "excavating". That green bottle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I can just imagine the stories you could make from the items. Maybe a Pirate's booty? Message in a bottle gone missing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! That green bottle is especially striking — how fun to find a colored bottle in your favorite color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...