Saturday, March 17, 2018

It's a Finished Object Alright!

So here's the little girl's cardigan before blocking
...and after.
It's much easier to block wools than acrylic but it is possible with a bit of steam.

I had such high hopes for this cake of yarn
but 
I think it is made for scarves 
and NOT for sweaters.

I didn't realize when I bought it that it is DK weight so that was the first bummer.
The colors are just too jarring and not the look I can admire for a sweater.
Maybe I would use this for a Brioche project when the 'other' color would be a dark solid.
Anyway, I used almost the full cake of yarn, Lion Brand in DK weight, #6 needles.
Goodbye to this project!

(It is destined to my fancy dressing 5 yo granddaughter who will love it!
But first I need to knit a vest to match for her brother! lol)

8 comments:

  1. I think it will be adorable on a child. Great work on blocking acrylic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute, and your granddaughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out spectacularly!!!! The stripes are just perfect. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cute - and I'm sure it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous, you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks GREAT! They are nice and bright colors to make a little girl (or a big girl) very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very pretty! And Ella will look fantastic in it...it will highlight her lovely blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...