Sunday, December 9, 2018

A New Sock Saga

 Machine knitted socks!
I enjoyed a new kind of lesson for myself;
it helped to understand how a short row heel and toe were made!
 This is how the sock looks on hanging from the machine bed just before I took it off.
 And laid out as it comes off the machine-
all it needs is some finishing at this point.
30 mins from cast on at the toe until I bound it off at the top of the leg.
The socks have an inside seam so the second sock has a mirrored layout.
 This is how the seam side looks;
 and the toe has to be grafted to the top of the foot,
and the white waste yarn is unravelled and removed.
Ta da!
One pair of women's boot socks in worsted weight yarn!
The next pair will be for a man (after a little math!)
and all in one solid color to eliminate the extra tail ends!

8 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...