Sunday, December 30, 2018

Never Give Up!

 
 I have a completed and permanently completed pair of men's socks made on the knitting machine!
Since this is the fourth try, I really have nothing to brag about!
Especially since I really knit two right socks and not a left and right!
(On the knitting machine, since the socks are seamed, you knit one sock and then
reverse the shaping to make the second sock;
I omitted that last part of the instructions.....because that is what happens sometimes!)
However, I did such a good job seaming,
it is so invisible, you do not see this little design element!
BUT there is still a problem with this pair of socks...
they were supposed to be for my brother-in-law who wears a men's 8 shoe.
The socks fit my husband's size 15 feet.
Back to the drawing board for the next pair-this yarn is not being ripped back again!

5 comments:

  1. I would have given up after 2 tries! At least someone has a new pair of socks! Glad you got those old projects restarted, good luck with the new plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - at least they will fit someone! that's always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll master the smaller size and will keep great notes of the changes do you can replicate the socks in various sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your willingness to try four times. That's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...