Sunday, December 23, 2018

A Grand Christmas

We took a trip up to Fernandina Beach to see youngest son's family
for an early Christmas with them.
Ella had just had her tonsils out this week so she was a bit droopy
 but a real trooper about the pain.
Eli loved having us to himself for a change!
We played all kinds of three year old games!
And here is a plant trophy from me-I have been tending this cactus for 10 years;
it was a gift from a friend starting out at 8' and now  it is 28" and for the first time ever-
it is blooming!
They are waxy thick flowers and there are buds all over the plant!
I am so excited!  
This is a Euphorbia cactus of which there are tons of varieties, a crown of thorns is a more common one.  It is cold hardy which is a good thing because we woke up to temperatures in the 30's!

6 comments:

  1. Hope Ella is feeling better soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! We are a big euphorbia family here in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a great time and happy christmas to everybody! and I've been told that eating loads of ice cream is supposed to help with the pain after having the tonsils removed - if that isn't a good excuse to eat loads:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Ella. I hope she had a lot of ice cream to help with the pain. I had mine out when I was 4, and I still remember how much my throat hurt.
    Darling grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...