Friday, December 28, 2018

Polygon

 The baby blanket of scrap DK weight yarn is completed!  I thought about adding the half hexagons to the bottom and top of the blanket but since it is only optional, I think I will call this done.
 Nyki had to model her beauty on the blanket!
 Since I always knit the beginning tail into the first knit row and each of the tails that are cut pull the centers closed and are woven in at the end of each block so when I was done, I was done!
I like that it is very neat on the back side too.
Once blocked, the blanket has a better shape but I didn't block it too aggressively so there was still some texture left.  It is now 30" by 36";  just right for a light and airy baby blanket.
I did run out of the light green in the top right polygon--I filled it in with a variegated yarn.  
It works for me!

(This pattern is called Polygon by Tin Can Knits;
knit by picking up the stitches of its neighbor instead of knitting 
a pile of blocks and seaming them together!)

6 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FOR THE NON-HAT-WEARERS!

I know, I make so many hats but I hate to wear them--only in a blizzard will you find me wearing one since I got glasses--20+ years ago! lol...